It is very important for every manufacturer to adopt proper methods and precautions during the storage of finished products and their transport to their destinations, like retail outlets, markets etc. This is particularly of great importance in case of storage and distribution of food products. The importance of food distribution lies in moving the products to different outlets by maintaining its quality and in a cost-effective manner.
In the food chain distribution, one has to ensure that they are in safe and experienced hands. Because of their sensitive nature of products, it is utmost important to ensure that they are properly handled, stored and transported. Best refrigerating equipment and modern technology is required for transporting the food products. This type of technology can be provided only by experienced and knowledgeable professionals. Hence, only experienced professionals should be chosen as frozen food courier.
While selecting the service one must ensure about all the below mentioned factors:
• The temperature specifications: The temperature specifications are very important while transporting the food products because the correct temperature ensures that the products reach their destination in good condition. Some products need frozen temperatures while a few others need a chilled environment. Hence, it is necessary to ensure that the refrigerated courier services have all the needed facilities.
• Knowing the combination of products that can be transported together: Sometimes the courier company combine different products for transportation to the same destination. There are certain restrictions in such kind of transporting different goods. A few goods cannot be transported together, like medicines, meat, fish etc. Meat and fish cannot be transported together. Pharmaceuticals companies do not wish the medicines to be transported with other goods. So, before choosing the food courier services it is important to get clarity on this aspect.
• Proper communication and coordination is necessary: Communication is the key in distribution business. There must be proper communication and coordination from the stage the goods are uploaded in the vehicle till it reaches the destination.
• Satisfactory customer service is of paramount importance: While choosing an efficient food courier, it is very important to ensure that the customer service is satisfactory. The company must be cooperative, experienced in rendering their professionalized services and should establish good communication, for smooth conduct of business.
• Good geographical knowledge of the places of business: The courier company personnel should have a good knowledge of the places where they operate. The transporter should be aware of all the routes and shortcuts to the destination. This shall ensure that the goods are delivered on time and in good condition.
Conclusion: All the above points have to be properly scrutinized before selecting a proper courier service for transporting frozen food.